DUBLIN, May 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — The “Whey Protein (Powder and Concentrate) Market – Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global whey protein market reached a volume of 4.2 Million Metric Tons in 2018, registering a CAGR of 3.7% during 2011-2018. The market is further projected to reach a volume of 5.6 Million Metric Tons by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 4.8% during 2019-2024.
Whey accounts for almost 20% of the protein content of cow’s milk and is considered beneficial for the human body. It offers numerous health advantages such as building muscles, promoting fat loss, repairing muscle tissues, reducing stress and inflammation, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels, preventing diseases and promoting overall health. Some of the factors which are augmenting the demand for whey protein are inflating disposable incomes, rising demand from developing markets and the emerging trend of consuming protein-based drinks.
Global Whey Protein Market Drivers:
Due to the rising prevalence of lifestyle diseases and growing health awareness among consumers, people are now joining gyms and fitness centers. As protein supplements are often recommended in these centers, the demand for whey protein is proliferating at a rapid pace.
As whey protein possesses anti-bacterial and anti-hypertensive properties, it finds applications in the food industry for preparing snacks, cereals, chocolates, beverages, infant formula, dairy products and bakery items. With rising global population and changing dietary habits of people, the food industry is experiencing a robust growth, which in turn, is catalyzing the growth of the whey protein market.
Unlike other dairy products, the shelf life of whey protein is comparatively higher owing to which it can last for months while retaining its original properties. In addition to this, as whey protein is generally available in powdered state, it can be easily transported from one place to another.
Breakup by Product Type:
On the basis of type, the market has been segmented into whey protein concentrates, isolate and hydrolysates. At present, whey protein isolate represents the most popular product type as it is one of the fast-absorbing sources of protein which assists in building lean muscles.
Breakup by Application:
Based on applications, the market has been classified as food and beverages, nutrition products and pharmaceuticals, feed applications and others. Amongst these, the nutrition and pharmaceutical segment accounts for the majority of the market share
On a geographical front, the European Union enjoys the leading position in the global whey protein market. This can be attributed to the rising awareness about the health benefits of whey protein amongst the populace of the region. It is followed by North America, Oceania, Eastern Europe and Latin America.
The global whey protein market is fragmented in nature due to the presence of numerous small and large manufacturers who compete against one another in terms of prices and quality.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global whey protein market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global whey protein market?
- What are the major application segments in the global whey protein market?
- What are the key product types in the global whey protein market?
- What are the price trends of whey protein?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global whey protein industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global whey protein industry?
- What is the structure of the global whey protein market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global whey protein market?
- What are the profit margins in the global whey protein market?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- How is whey protein manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for whey protein?
- What are the transportation requirements for whey protein?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Some of these key players include:
- Arla Foods
- Agropur Inc.
- Hilmar Cheese Company, Inc.
- Glanbia Plc
- Kerry Group Plc
- Milk Specialties Global
- Leprino Foods Company
- Grande Cheese Company
- Lactalis Group
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bpw2jj
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets